Welcome to scot-rail.co.uk, Scotland's online railway community. The group is for any rail enthusiast interested in the railways and trains of Scotland. It not only consists of the wiki that you're reading now, but a busy online forum and mailing list, which is accessible to anyone who registers. If you would like to join in, all you have to do is register with us for free.
- Keep text brief and to the point
- Link the first instance of a TOC/Class to the relevent page in the Wiki. Subsequent references can be left unlinked
- Avoid abreviations of short words. Commonly used abreviations are fine, but ensure that the first time it is used, the unabbreviated title is given as well.
- Avoid creating additional pages unless large amounts of new text are being added.
- Use '!!!' headers to split up long pages and to help define the structure of the page
- Bullet point lists
- Photos should be centred and a description added below the image along with a photo credit