Welcome to scot-rail.co.uk, Scotland's online railway community. The group is for any rail enthusiast interested in the railways and trains of Scotland. It not only consists of the wiki that you're reading now, but a busy online forum and mailing list, which is accessible to anyone who registers. If you would like to join in, all you have to do is register with us for free.
Welcomescot-rail.co.uk is the site for railway enthusiasts with an interest in Scottish railways.
No matter where your interest in Scottish railways lies, scot-rail.co.uk has something for everything.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for advanced and current gen on trains in Scotland;
- email@example.com for your reports and photos of what you've seen on the Scottish railway network;
- firstname.lastname@example.org for anything else to do with Scottish railways, including new railway line openings, preservation, history and railway operations;
- email@example.com for off-topic chat amongst members; and
- firstname.lastname@example.org which is for support and feedback.
Further details about the mailing lists can be found in the Posting Guidelines.
scot-rail.co.uk wikiThe scot-rail.co.uk wiki holds a vast amount of information on Scotland's railways. From past and present locomotives and rolling stock found in Scotland to the organisations and companies such as Network Rail and ScotRail who run the railways, you'll find it all here. You'll also find information in the wiki on different rover tickets, timetables, the preserved railway scene and information on many of the current and proposed rail projects.
Written by the members of scot-rail.co.uk, it's an ever changing on-line encyclopaedia - why not take a closer look or even make a contribution yourself.