Welcome to scot-rail.co.uk, Scotland's online railway community. The group is for any rail enthusiast interested in the railways and trains of Scotland. It not only consists of the wiki that you're reading now, but a busy online forum and mailing list, which is accessible to anyone who registers. If you would like to join in, all you have to do is register with us for free.
There are various sources of train timetable information available on the internet.
- Traveline North East & Cumbria
- This site includes all UK rail journeys for the next 3 months. When selecting origin and destination, put rail at the end, and untick all transport types except train. Results give intermediate stops, plus platform, destination and headcode information.
- National Rail Enquiries
- Journey Information for 12 weeks advance. Accepts 3 letter station codes. Train detail shows origin, destination and intermediate calls, plus full range of fares available for chosen journey.
- Accessible UK Train Timetables
- Transport Direct
- Multi-modal journey planner (includes car). Output features maps and costs. Train detail gives origin and destination.
- Traveline Scotland
- Door-to-door public transport journey planner. Overly complex for train only queries, and with limited output.
- DB TravelService
- German and European rail planner. Has the ability to show Arrival and Departure listings for a chosen station.
- National Express East Coast - Journey Planner
- Full UK timetable information up to 3 months ahead. Does outward and return journeys at the same time, and can display intermediate calls.
- Network Rail - eNRT
- PDF version of the National Rail timetable book. Download the whole thing, or individual routes.
- National Express East Coast - timetables
- Web friendly timetables for NXEC services. Includes details of train type (Electric or HST) and headcodes. Altered timetables for engineering included. PDF versions of the pocket timetables also available.
- First TransPenine - timetables
- PDF version of the Cumbrian and Scottish First TransPennine Express timetables, also includes all Virgin West Coast trains from Scotland to Preston.