Welcome to scot-rail.co.uk, Scotland's online railway community. The group is for any rail enthusiast interested in the railways and trains of Scotland. It not only consists of the wiki that you're reading now, but a busy online forum and mailing list, which is accessible to anyone who registers. If you would like to join in, all you have to do is register with us for free.
What information we save
- When you register, you are required to provide a valid email address.
- If you choose to send or receive messages by SMS, you must give a valid phone number.
- When ever you visit scot-rail.co.uk, your IP address is logged. This information is not directly linked to your user account.
- When ever you send a message via the scot-rail.co.uk, your IP address is logged. This information is directly linked to your user account.
- When ever you send a message via email, the full message headers from your email are logged. This information is directly linked to your user account.
How do we use this information
- Your email address will be used to send you emails on the lists and threads that you choose to monitor.
- Your phone number will be used to send you messages that you choose to receive by SMS.
- Server logs are used to monitor abuse and deal with abuse from users.
- Server logs are used to monitor server performance.
Removing your informatio
- Sign into the website and visit http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/user/user-info/ where you can delete your account and all email addresses and phone numbers registered with us. You will not receive any further emails from scot-rail.co.uk. Note that your email address will still be recorded in the message logs if you sent an messages to scot-rail.co.uk from your email program.